The role of the Chaplain is to support:
- Students in their emotional & spiritual wellbeing at College.
- Parents with concerns about their child regarding:
- issues at College e.g. bullying/harassment, Behaviour Management, social skills.
- issues at home e.g. parents separating, family crises, health problems.
- advice and support.
- Staff in the pastoral care of students and care of themselves.
Referrals to the Chaplains can come from
The process involves:
- Counselling/coaching of life skills e.g. Conflict management, stress management, protective behaviour, anger management, social skills, managing emotions, grieving.
- Possible referrals to outside agencies.
- Management of emergencies and critical Incidents.
This service is confidential except when otherwise determined by the College Leadership Team. Goldfields Baptist College is aware of mandatory reporting requirements.